Dr. Shawn Kirk Ministries is a Certified Christian Counseling Center for the National Association of Christian Counselors. Dr. Shawn has been a member of the NACC since 2012 and is on the current Board of Examiners.
Do you have a desire to help people?
Do people naturally come to you for help and support?
Do you like to see people grow?
Is your Christian life an example for others to follow?
Are you trustworthy?
Would you like formal training to help people at a higher level?
The NACC Christian Counseling Certificate program was created for the people like you who answered yes to these questions.
As a trained counselor or volunteer, you will develop the following skillsets:
- Have a positive impact on the people you speak to and encourage
- Help people move forward with their lives
- Provide people with hope and Biblical guidance for everyday living
- Facilitate the personal and spiritual growth of others
- Serve the Lord by helping His people with compassion, encouragement, and exhortation
- Assist people with identifying their problems, evaluating options, resources, and ideas
- Six session strategy guide for marriage, anxiety, depression, anger, and addiction
Two pathways to a Counseling Certificate
- Ten week course via Zoom conferencing or in person if facilitated at your church. One session per week, two hours per session.
- Complete five 3 credit courses via correspondence. These five courses can also be applied to a degree program at Christian Bible Institute & Seminary if you choose to become a matriculated student.
Registration and tuition may be paid in one lump sum or in the three payments outlined below:
- Payment #1 $250 – $50 registration + $200 tuition due prior to course materials and Zoom meetings being sent out.
- Payment #2 $200 – Due prior to week five class starting.
- Payment #3 $200 – Due prior to week nine class starting.
Registration and tuition payments are non-refundable.
National Association of Christian Counselors
The National Association of Christian Counselors is a Christian ministry established in 2008 to train Biblical counselors and teachers to assist local churches and to help meet related needs. Our purpose is to bridge the gap between faith and life so that as the individual’s relationship with God grows they begin to live for God’s glory. As change takes place, they experience His peace and joy.
We believe that in order for the non-Christian community to turn to the church for help, Christian workers must have professional credentials, thus providing an opportunity to share our faith and lead them to salvation.
The main purpose of NACC is to provide adequate training for local Pastors and Christians who feel the call of God to counsel. Once trained, counselors are provided with credentials through the National Association of Christian Counselors. Our goal is to offer counseling to all persons in need of help and training for those who desire to help others. The student will receive the ability to understand themselves, their loved ones, friends, and co-workers. Our training will also provide the student with the essential experiential learning necessary for working in the field of Christian counseling.
The purpose of state regulatory laws is to protect the public and ensure professionalism within the counseling profession. NACC strives to attain the same goals, and more. As Christians we know that counseling with the Word of God is the only answer for a dying world, yet at the same time, we must purpose to operate within the legal guidelines set forth by state regulations.
The state recognizes that counseling is one of the responsibilities of the local church. For this reason, the state does not interfere with the ministry of counseling, as long as counseling is provided under the following conditions:
1. That the counseling service is provided through a legally organized/operated local church or a nationally recognized denomination.
2. That the counselor is trained and commissioned by the legally recognized organization.
Schedule a cost-free consultation with Dr. Shawn by clicking Let’s Get Started below or calling 281-780-1707. You may also reach out to Dr. Shawn through email to ask questions or discuss the program through the Contact page.